Shrimp and egg fried rice is made whenever I have leftover rice from last night’s dinner, my first thought always is a yummy fried rice. It is always a good way to refresh left over rice since the secret to a good fried rice is starting with cold cooked grains. I love to add a touch of pickled gherkins for my umami !!!
This always works for instant quick fix meals only that for a party fried rice it is a whole different ball game.
Shrimp And Egg Fried Rice Recipe
3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
2 eggs, beaten
4 stalk of spring onions (roughly chopped)
1 cup Shrimps
1 cup peas
1 tsp of crushed garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
3 tbsp chopped onions
1 cup carrots, thawed (plus any leftover vegetables you have on hand)
1/2 cup of pickled gherkins diced
4 cups cold pre-cooked white or brown rice ( left over rice)
4 tbsp light soy sauce or 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
2 tbsp is Sesame oil
Seasoning/ salt to taste
1. In a large saucepan or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the eggs and Cook, breaking up the eggs with a spoon until they are well scrambled. Remove eggs and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil In the wok heat it up. Add the ginger, garlic, onions and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the shrimps and vegetables, season and fry for 1 minute . Add rice, some more oil if necessary and Increase heat slightly and stir fry until the rice is crispy, say about 5 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce with 4 tablespoons of water. Pour the mixture over the rice.
6. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid, 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Correct Season with some drizzle of sesame oil, salt and pepper and serve, with extra soy sauce on the side.
There you have it, shrimp and egg fried rice ready to eat.
Kindly share and drop your comment below.